Friday, May 27, 2016

More Poetry




Summer Wounds

I’ll put a swab of goop here and there

And lay a bandage with silly care.

“That scratch is ok, that how it’s should look

The bruise is small and we can sew that tear.”

 

You will limp for a minute (and I for a day)

“Let’s keep going, we all want to play.”

 

A summer day leaves us,

With grins and a bruise,

To remember the day

We did what we choose.

Gray Morning

 To bus in gray highlighted darkness

The yellow an ochre smudge.

 

Climb on in promising promise

To grab what they present.

 

Learn between the pages

And your teachers’ chats.

 

They learn what is there

While we wait in fear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 







Giving

Bird slides a stick into a warming nest.

Callused hand lain on a frightened head.

Mother’s heartbeat calms a worried soul.

I too bring my love like water

Gently wrapped around a smoothened stone.

Gently Aging

The morning walk grows late

Sun warms my skin clad skull

 

Pleasant moment, where is future’s cry?


Frayed blanket dulls falcon’s glare
Slowing my skates in heavy snow
The winds lie silent while I wait

Love walked with steady gait

But left passion astride

Don’t let it wane

When biology is done

 

Please walk further and feed my brain

 

I know the taste of a comet’s tail

And the pulse of the ocean’s swell

I remember a rainbow when it was worth a long gaze

 

Now I see over curved vistas

And leave the present to the mites

 

My hair is not washed by wisdom

But simply gray

My walk is stifled by joints ground flat

These gifts of the rush of time

 

Please leave me my senses, my future, my dreams

 

Moments have raced through

Raising the height which wonders must leap

To turn my neck and draw eyebrows up

 

Passion walk with me further

Let a new car’s smell make magic stir

Let a wife’s kiss sparkle my eyes

And a child’s call stop my cries

 

Let a rainbow stop me for a delicious moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment