Friday, May 27, 2016

Poetry





I have written poems all my life, most are about God and my children.  Here are some for those that like poetry but I'm including some of my paintings too, which I hope you enjoy.

 

Time Warrior

Days’ race taunting me

Get on the course

 

Ride with passion

Full-blooded horse.


A minute is a sacred vow

To prove life is present now.              



Hiding Place

Wind touches grass and smiles,

Clouds color awaiting sky.

 

Green breaks the living soil

And washes the soothed eye.

 

Whispers enter these gathered lilacs;

Perfect time in this summer place.

 

Where we can hide together

In silent, welcoming grace.


 

Peace

Lay on rested shoulders

Wreath of gently aged leaves

We worship at your center

And kick you from aside.

Grace our days

And

Please survive.


The Class

Scratch the board with squealing thoughts

Numbers ramble and lights glare,

Concrete floor and white papered tables

Flying facts as you sit and stare.

 

Sullied air, reused too oft

Why don’t you let me out,

To run with the wind

And free the trapped shout?

 

Hot blowing air

Push book strewn force

On his jangled hair

To silence droning voice.

 

But in cave of concrete and paper

Grew knowledge of wonderful things

That may, I hope dear students,

Ease in tomorrow’s stings.

 

 

Lemanak River

Vine wrapped ceiling
Giant timbers reach
Palette of greens
Sticking to the sky

Muddy river droning
Current always on
Moving melody
Licorice magma flow

Far from home bed
Sliver of web’s reach
Swimming with the children
They trust my steady legs
Laughter blends with:

Water gushing,
Insect buzzing,
Primordial smells creeping,
Wet air washing,
Sunlight straining.

My arms pull Elayna and steady Eric
And these moments rage
Down the river flowing.

Is this the perfect time?


No comments:

Post a Comment