Saturday, December 30, 2017

Favorite Ships





Here are my favorite ships and boats - a light-hearted appreciation for spectacular craft for a variety of reasons.



Gokstad, built just right for the times. Hopefully more for cargo than raiding.




The Stag Hound was an extreme clipper, maybe not as famous as Flying Cloud but what a beautiful revolution!





The Normandie was an Art Deco inspired transport with an amazing attention to design details that made this a grand floating experience. I love the poster too!


The Jahre Viking went under different names but what a beast she was, made during a time of  the gigantism of the Boeing 747 and Sears Tower.  564,000 dwt, 1500 feet long (458 m), draft of 80 feet (24.6 m). Wow!


I always loved the "snekke". A double-ender as she should be in this North Sea environment - and appropriate for their slow speed.


This is my Malaysian fishing boat design. Beautiful in my eyes....





No comments:

Post a Comment